I’ve been reading over at Billy Copeland’s website. When you look at it, go to “A Vision for McDonough.”
Here are somethings on his list:
– Partner with the Henry County Board of Recreation to build a pool in the City of McDonough.
– Seek redevelopment grants to revitalize neglected housing areas.
– Develop a city wide Wellness and Fitness Program.
– Open an Internet Cafe on the McDonough Square to be used by all people―young and old.
– Support the City of McDonough’s efforts to partner with the Henry County Government to build a therapeutic and aerobic pool at Heritage Senior Center.
A “Wellness” program? A public pool? An internet cafe?! Should the taxpyers of McDonough have to pay for this? I think that these are all things that can be produced by the free market and not paid for by taxpayers. This is just wasteful spending. Redevelopment? That is a nice word for eminent domain.
I live in the city of McDonough. I need to look into voting for Roger Pruitt, but from what I’ve heard about him, he won’t be much better. I may not vote at all. I had thought about supporting Copeland, but after reading his “vision”, I can’t vote for him.
Anyone know anything about Roger Pruitt? My main question is his thoughts on eminent domain.